· Real time Big Data Social Network Analytics for E-Finance, IBM SUR China, $15,000
· Decision Support System for Project Recommendation and Risk Assessment (PRRA), 300,000 RMB (about $45,000), Sichuan provincial government.
· Innovations in financial services, 300,000 RMB (about $45,000), seed fund by Southwestern University of Finance and Economics.
· Payment safety, 2 million RMB (about $300,000), NSF of China A social network based approach to VC project management with P2P lending, 2010-2012, Granted by Sichuan Provincial Government.
1. Cuiqing Jiang, Shixi Liu, Zhangxi Lin, and Guozhu Zhao, “Domain-aware trust network extraction for trust propagation in large-scale heterogeneous trust networks,” Information Sciences, Accepted August 2016
2. Jing Wu, He Li, Zhangxi Lin, Xiaorui Hu, “The Promising Future of Healthcare Services: When Big Data Analytics Meets Wearable Technology,” Information & Management, Accepted July 2016
3. Kun Liang, Cuiqing Jiang, Zhangxi Lin, Weihong Ning, and Zelin Jia, “The Nature of Sellers’ Cyber Credit in C2C E-commerce - The Perspective of Social Capital,” Electronic Commerce Research, Accepted June 2016
4. Jing Wu, He Li, Zhangxi Lin, and Haichao Zheng, “Competition in Wearable Device Market: the Effect of Network Externality and Product Compatibility,” Electronic Commerce Research, Accepted May 2016.
5. Jianfeng Li and Zhangxi Lin, “Social benefit expenditures and stagflation: evidence from the United States,” Applied Economics, Accepted April 2016
6. Pei Li, Zhangxi Lin, and Yang Yu, "Integrating the mechanism of three-part tariff pricing to the provision of intra-site search engine advertising services," International Journal of Production Research, accepted February 2016
7. Zhangxi Lin, Andrew B. Whinston, and Shaokun Fan, “Harnessing Internet finance with innovative cyber credit management,” Financial Innovation (2015) 1:5, DOI 10.1186/s40854-015-0004-7
8. Jiangtao Qiu and Zhangxi Lin, “Predicting Customers Purchase Behavior in E-Commerce Context,” Electronic Commerce Research, Accepted May 2015
9. Ranzhe Jing, Yang Yu, and Zhangxi Lin, "Why Group-Buying Websites Fail - Lessons from Chinese B2T Sites," Journal of Organization Computing & Electronic Commerce, accepted April 2015.
10. Jianfeng Li and Zhangxi Lin, "The impact of sales tax on economic growth in the US: an ARDL bounds testing approach," Applied Economic Letters, Accepted May 2015.
11. Jing, Wu, He Li, Zhangxi Lin, & Khim-Yong Goh, "The Next Frontier of E-Health: How is Big Data and Analytics Changing Wearable Device Market?," International Journal of Production Research, accepted June 2015
12. Kai Li, Zhangxi Lin, and Xiaowen Wang, "An Empirical Analysis of Users' Privacy Disclosure on Social Network Sites," Information & Management, accepted in June 2015.
13. Shixi Liu, Cuiqing Jiang, Zhangxi Lin, Yong Ding, Xiaojing Hu, and Zhicai Xu, "Identifying effective influencers oriented to social network marketing based on trust: A product review domain-aware approach," Information Sciences, accepted January 2015.
14. Yongjian Li, Zhangxi Lin, Lei Xu, Ajaya Swain, "Do the Electronic Books Reinforce the Dynamics of Book Supply Chain Market? – A Theoretical Analysis," European Journal of Operation Research, accepted January 2015.
PUBLICATIONS BEFORE 2012
1. Business intelligence and targeted advertising (started 2006)
This project is focused on the applications of business intelligence and data mining in e-commerce.
1. Jiangtao Qiu and Zhangxi Lin, “A Framework for Exploring Organizational Structure in Dynamic Social Networks,” Decision Support Systems, accepted 2010.
2. Qing Li, Jia Wang, Yuanzhu Chen, Zhangxi Lin, “User Comments for News Recommendation in Forum-based Social Media,” accepted by Information Sciences in 2010.
3. Kai Li, Zhangxi Lin, Efosa Idemudia, and Yang Yu, “A Framework for Intermediated Online Targeted Advertising with Banner Ranking Mechanism,” Journal of Information Systems and e-Business, accepted 2009.
4. Radha Appan, and Zhangxi Lin, “Sellers in Online Auction Markets: Introducing a Feedback-Based Classification,” Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 15(1), 27-42, 2006.
1. Qing Li et al, “News Recommendation in Forum-Based Social Media, ” AAAI 2010, Atlanta, July 11–15, 2010, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
2. Matti Hamalainen, Qing Li, Zhangxi Lin, and Alin Timoiaga, “An Idealet-Centric Scheme for Large Scale Open Innovation Systems” Web 2009, Dec 14, 2009, Phoenix, Arizona.
3. Jiangtao Qiu, Zhangxi Lin, Changjie Tang, and Shaojie Qiao, “Discovering Organizational Structure in Dynamic Social Network,” ICDM 2009, Dec 5-9, 2009, Miami, Florida.
4. Qiwei Gan, Binjie Luo, and Zhangxi Lin, “Risk Management of Residential Mortgage in China Using Date Mining - A Case Study,” Proceedings of NISS 2009, July 30-August 1, 2009, Beijing.
5. Kai Li, Zhangxi Lin, Yang Yu, “Advertisements Ranking for Targeted Banner Advertising – A Numeric Study,” CSWIM 2008, June 29-30, 2008, Kunming.
6. Yang Yu, Zhangxi Lin, Qing Li, Guoping Xia, “Refining Hierarchies of Public Knowledge Spheres by Mutual Awareness of Keywords - Towards A More Versatile Wikipedia,” The 38th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, Oct 31- Nov 2, 2008, Beijing.
7. Binjie Luo, Zhangxi Lin, “How A Major Natural Disaster Impacted the Cyber World - Text Mining Posts of Virtual Communities regarding 2008 Sichuan Earthquake,” SAS' 11th Annual Data Mining Conference, M2008, October 26 -27, 2008, Las Vegas (poster).
8. Yang Yu, Zhangxi Lin, “Combating Web Spam - Does Wikipedia need ‘NOFOLLOW’?” SAS' 11th Annual Data Mining Conference, M2008, October 26 -27, 2008, Las Vegas (poster).
9. Kevin Henning, Zhangxi Lin, “A SAS Text Mining Approach to Predicting the Resolvability of Disputes between eBay’s Sellers and Buyers,” SAS Global Forum 2008
10. Qiwei Gan, Binjie Luo, and Zhangxi Lin, “Identifying Potential Default Loan Applicants - A Case Study of Consumer Credit Decision for Chinese Commercial Bank,” Honorary Mentioned paper, SAS Global Forum 2008
11. Efosa Idemudia, Yang Yu, and Yong Zhao, “Catching the New E-Commerce Trend – Implementing Intermediated Online Targeted Advertising in China,” INFORMS 2007
12. Kai Li, Zhangxi Lin, Kai Jin, and Efosa Idemudia, “Theoretical Approach to Implementing Intermediated Online Targeted Advertising,” Web2007
13. Efosa C. Idemudia, Kai Jin, and Zhangxi Lin, “A Nonlinear Programming Model for Optimizing Intermediated Online Targeted Advertising Services,” MSOM 2007, June 18-19, 2007, Beijing.
2. Electronic market structure (started 2003)
Market structure is one of important research strands in the industrial organization area. Typically, the distribution of firm size is investigated to study market status and trends. In this research, online reputation ratings for C2C online auctions are used as the indicator of online trader’s capacity. In this way studying the online reputation ratings can reveal the dynamics of electronic market.
1. Binjie Luo, Zhangxi Lin, and Tianxi Dong, “A Decision Tree Model for Herd Behavior and Empirical Evidence from the Online P2P Lending Market”, Information Systems and e-Business Management，accepted 2011
2. Dahui Li, Jun Li, and Zhangxi Lin, “Online Consumer-to-Consumer Market in China - A Comparative Study of Taobao and eBay,” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Volume 7, Issue 1, Spring 2008, 55-67.
3. Zhangxi Lin, Dahui Li, and Wayne W. Huang, “Traders beware: an examination of the distribution of eBay sellers’ online reputation,” International Journal of Electronic Business, Vol. 5, No. 5, 2007, 499-517.
4. Zhangxi Lin, Dahui Li, Balaji Janamanchi, and Wayne Huang, “Reputation Distribution and Consumer-to-Consumer Online Auction Market Structure,” Decision Support Systems, 41 (2006) 435-448.
5. Jun Li, and Zhangxi Lin, “Taobao – A Chinese way of making Money in the C2C electronic market,” Business Forum China, 2006.
1. Yang Yu, Zhangxi Lin, “Reveal User Search Patterns in B2B Marketplace - Towards Optimized Advertising Services,” Web2010, Dec 11, 2010, St. Louis, MO.
2. Pei Li, Zhangxi Lin, Jun Dai, “Optimize the Internal Search Engine Revenue in the Electronic Market,””ICEB 2010, Dec 1-4, 2010, Shanghai, China
3. Binjie Luo, Jun Tan, Jiaxian Qiu, and Zhangxi Lin, “Survival Comparison between online sellers in Taobao and eBay,” best paper award, 2010 Workshop on e-Businessman, Aug 17-18, 2010, Hangzhou, China
4. Binjie Luo, Zhangxi Lin, “Age Effect on Firm Exit in the Online C2C Market,” CSWIM 2010.
5. Binjie Luo, Zhangxi Lin, Mengzhi Xie, and Tong Zhang, “Discovering Online Sellers Growing Patterns from the Sampling Data of Consumer-to-Consumer Auction Market,” 2009 Workshop on e-Businessman, Hangzhou, China, September 12, 2009, Best paper award.
6. Bo Xing, and Zhangxi Lin, “The Impact of Search Engine Optimization on Online Advertising Market,” The Eighth International Conference on Electronic Commerce (ICEC 2006), August 14-16, 2006, Delta Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
7. Zhangxi Lin, and Jun Li, “The Online Auction Market in China - A Comparative Study between Taobao and eBay,” The Proceedings of ICEC2005, August 12-14, 2005, Xi’an.
3. Broadband wireless access and mobile IPv6 (started 2003)
research project is aimed at the application of broadband wireless Internet
access based on the technology of IEEE 802.11x (Wi-Fi), IEEE 802.16 (WiMAX), and
IEEE 802.20 (Mobile-Fi). Majority work was done at
1. Yonghui Zhang, Xinhua Jiang, Zhangxi Lin, Quan Liang, “Pre-Handover Context Transfer Mechanism Based on Warehouse Station Communication Pattern,” Journal of Digital Content Technology and Its Applications, Accepted 2012.
2. Fumin Zou, Xinhua Jiang, Tongsen Wang, and Zhangxi Lin, “A Novel Topology for the Zonal Network with Wireless Coverage,” Communications and Network, accepted 2009.
3. Fumin Zou, Xinhua Jiang, Tongsen Wang, Hongtu Lai, and Zhangxi Lin, “Quantitative Analyze and Improve the Performance of IEEE 802.11a for Fast Moving Applications,” Computer Engineering and Applications, 2008, 44(23):93-97. (in Chinese)
4. Fumin Zou, Xinhua Jiang, Zhangxi Lin, and Tongsen Wang, “A Banyan-tree Topology Based Railway Wireless Mesh Network Architecture,” Journal of the China Railway Society, accepted 2008 (in Chinese).
5. Xinhua Jiang, Fumin Zou, Zhangxi Lin, and Tongsen Wang, “A Survey on Internet Application on Passenger Train,” Journal of the China Railway Society, v29, n5, October, 2007, p103-110. (in Chinese)
6. Lijun Luo, Xinhua Jiang, Fumin Zou, Zhangxi Lin, and Tongsen Wang, “Experiment based Research on Mobile IPv6 Handover Performance,” Computer Engineering, August, 2007, v33, n 16, p92-94. (in Chinese)
7. Yonghui Zhang, Xinhua Jiang, and Zhangxi Lin, “A Comparison between IPv6 and IPv9,”Journal of Computer Engineering, 2006 (04) 32: 116-118 (in Chinese)
8. Yonghui Zhang, Xinhua Jiang, Zhangxi Lin, and Fumin Zou, “Handoff Techniques for Mobile IP,” Journal of Fujian University of Technology, June 2005 (in Chinese)
9. Jiang, Xinhua, Fumin Zou, Yonghui Zhang, and Zhangxi Lin, “IPv6―A Boost for Implementing Mobile IP Applications,” Journal of Fujian University of Technology, Vo.2, No.4, 2004, 379-389. (in Chinese)
1. Jiashan Huang, Tongsen Wang, Fumin Zou, Xinhua Jiang, and Zhangxi Lin, “Mobilize Internet Clients Seamlessly over Broadband Wireless Network – towards the Future M-Commerce”, The Proceedings of WITS 2005, Dec 10-11, 2005, Las Vegas.
2. Fuqiang Liu, Zhihui Zeng, Jian Tao, Qing Li, and Zhangxi Lin, “Achieving QoS for IEEE 802.16 in Mesh Mode,” the 8th International Conference on Computer Science and Informatics, July 21-26, 2005, Salt Lake City.
3. Fumin Zou, Xinghua Jiang, and Zhangxi Lin, “Implementing Wireless Broadband Digital Network for the Railway Information System,” the 8th International Conference on Computer Science and Informatics, July 21-26, 2005, Salt Lake City.
4. Fumin Zou, Xinghu Jiang, and Zhangxi Lin, “IEEE 802.20 Based Broadband Railroad Digital Network – The Infrastructure for M-Commerce on the Train”, Proceedings of ICEB 2004, December 5-8, 2004, Beijing.
4. Reputation, risk, TTP services, and decision making in online markets (1999-2007)
research project investigates reputation, risk, trust and online consumer decision-making
in four different approaches: game theoretic modeling, even-driven
1. Bo Xu, Zhangxi Lin, Bingjia Shao, “Factors affecting consumer behaviors in online buy-it-now auctions,” Internet Research. Bradford: 2010. Vol. 20, Iss. 5; p. 509
2. Han Zhang, Zhangxi Lin, and Xiaorui Hu, “Escrow Services in Online Consumer-to-Consumer Auction Markets: System Dynamics and Experimental Exploration,” Journal of Organization Computing and Electronic Commerce, 17(2), 1-25, 2007.
3. Solomon Antony, Zhangxi Lin, and Bo Xu, “Risk Relief Services in Online Customer-to-Customer Auctions: An Empirical Study”, Decision Support Systems, 42 (2006), 1889–1900.
4. Xiaorui Hu, Zhangxi Lin, Andrew B. Whinston, and Han Zhang, “Hope or Hype: On the Viability of Escrow Services As Trusted Third Parties in Online Auction Environments” Information Systems Research, September 2004, 236-249.
5. Hu, Xiaorui, Zhangxi Lin, and Han Zhang, "Trust Promoting Seals in Electronic Markets: An Exploratory Study of Their Effectiveness for Online Sales Promotion," Journal of Promotion Management, Vol. 9, No.1, 2002.
1. Zhangxi Lin, and Bo Xu, “A Virtual Field Experiment System for Studying Risk Relief Service Adoption on Online Auction Market”, The Proceedings of WITS 2005, Dec 10-11, 2005, Las Vegas.
2. Dahui Li, and Zhangxi Lin, “Negative Reputation Rate as the Signal of Risk in Online Consumer-to-consumer Transactions”, Proceedings of ICEB 2004, December 5-8, 2004, Beijing.
3. Appan Radha, and Zhangxi Lin, “Multi-dimensional effects of online reputation on trust and perceived risk,” AMCIS 2004, August 5-9, 2004.
4. Xiaorui Hu, Zhangxi Lin, and Han Zhang, " Perceived Risk and Escrow Adoption in Online Consumer-to-Consumer Auction Markets: An Economic Analysis," to appear in Kerem Tomak (eds), Advances in the Economics of Information System, Ideal Group Inc., 2004.
5. Xiaorui Hu, Zhangxi Lin, and Han Zhang, " Myth or Reality: Effect of Trust-Promoting Seals in Electronic market," in Otto Petrovic, Reinhard Posch, and Franz Marhold (ed), Trust in Network Economy, Ideal Group Inc., 2003, pp143-150.
6. Zhangxi Lin,Dahui Li, and Wayne Huang, "Reputation System and Reputation Distribution – An Exploratory Study in Online Consumer-to-Consumer Auctions," in Rasool Azari (eds), Current Security Management Ethical Issues of Information Technology, Ideal Group Inc., 2003, pp249-266.
7. Zhangxi Lin, Dahui Li, and Wayne Huang, "Modeling Trader Reputation Distribution in An Online C2C Auction Market," IRMA 2002, May 19-22, 2002, Seattle.
8. Antony, Solomon, Zhangxi Lin, and Bo Xu, “Determinants of Online Escrow Service Adoption: An Experimental Study,” The Proceedings of WITS 2001, December 15-16, 2001, New Orleans, pp.71-76.
9. Xiaorui Hu, Zhangxi Lin, Andrew B. Whinston, and Han Zhang, "Perceived Risk and Escrow Adoption: An Economic Analysis in Online Consumer-to-Consumer Auction Markets." The Proceedings of ICIS 2001, December 16-19, 2001, New Orleans. ( Extended abstract , full version ).
10. Hu, Xiaorui, Zhangxi Lin, and Han Zhang, “Myth or Reality: Do the Trust-Promoting Seals Really Matter in E-Markets?” The Proceedings of WITS 2001, December 15-16, 2001, New Orleans, pp.65-70.
11. Dahui Li, Surya B. Yadav, and Zhangxi Lin, "Exploring the Role of Privacy Programs on Initial Online Trust Formation," AMCIS'01, Boston, Auguest 3-5, 2001.
12. Xiaorui Hu, Zhangxi Lin, Andrew B. Whinston, and Han Zhang, "Escrow services in online auction markets: Decision Making and Profit Maximization," presented in WISE 2000, Brisbane, Australia, December 14-15, 2000.
5. Incentive-compatible network resource pricing (1997-2006)
This research project applies the economics approach to explore optimal network resource pricing in order to maximize the total social welfare of the network service. Recently the incentive-compatible approach is further applied to the resource management of grid computing network, with the extension in prioritized critical path optimization.
1. Mei Lin, and Zhangxi Lin, “A Cost-effective Critical Path Approach for Service Priority Selections in Grid Computing Economy,” Decision Support Systems, 42 (2006) 1628–1640.
2. Zhangxi Lin, Sathya Ramanathan, and Huimin Zhao, "Usage-based dynamic pricing of web services for optimizing resource allocation," Journal of Information Systems and e-Business, 3(3), 221-242, Oct 2005.
3. Zhangxi Lin, Peng Si Ow, Dale O. Stahl, and Andrew B. Whinston, "Exploring Traffic Pricing for the Virtual Private Network", Information Technology and Management, No.3, October 2002, 301-327.
2. Zhangxi Lin, Huimin Zhao and Sathya Ramanathan, " Pricing Web Services for Optimizing Resource Allocation – An Implementation Scheme," Web2003, Seattle, WA, December 13-14, 2003.
3. Zhangxi Lin, Peng Si Ow and Dale O. Stahl, "Pricing Virtual Private Networks - An Economic, Engineering and Experimental Approach," in Holsapple, Jacob and Rao (eds), Business Modeling: Multidisciplinary Approaches, chapter 17, Kluwer, 2001, pp235-260.
4. Dahui Li, Zhangxi Lin, Dale O. Stahl, and Andrew B. Whinston, "Bridging Agent-based Simulations and Direct Experiments - An Experimental System for Internet Traffic Pricing," AMCIS'01, Boston, Auguest 3-5, 2001.
5. Zhangxi Lin, Dale O. Stahl, and Andrew B. Whinston, "A Traffic-pricing Model for the Packet-switching Network with Prioritized Round-robin Queueing ", 5th INFORMS-CIST, November 5, 2000, San Antonio.
6. Zhangxi Lin, Peng Si Ow, Dale O. Stahl, and Andrew B. Whinston, "Exploring Traffic Pricing for the Virtual Private Network", The Proceedings of WITS'99, December 11-12, 1999, Charlotte, North Carolina
6. IT/IS Issues in
joint research project with the wide international cooperation addresses
several IT/IS issues for
1. Dongyu Chen, Zhangxi Lin, and Fujun Lai, “Crossing the Chasm -- Understanding China’s Rural Digital Divide,” Journal of Global Information Technology Management, VOL. 13, NO.2, April 2010
2. Bo Xu, Bingjia Shao, Zhangxi Lin, and Yifei Shi, “What Factors Drive Enterprise Adoption of Internet Banking in China,” Journal of Global Information Technology Management, accepted 2008.
1. John Gordon, and Zhangxi Lin, “A Journey through China,” eLearning Age, October 2004, 16-18.
2. Xianfeng Zhang, Qi Li, and Zhangxi Lin, “E-commerce Education in China: Current Situation, Main Problems and Future Perspectives,” forthcoming Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations, 2004.
3. Hongli Hu, Qi Li, and Zhangxi Lin, " From Concept towards Implementation: E-Government in China " AMCIS 2003, Tampa, Florida, August 4-6, 2003.
4. Hongli Hu, Zhangxi Lin, and William Foster, “China’s Software Industry – Current Status and Development Strategies,” GITM 2003, Calgary, Canada, June 8-10, 2003.
5. Yan Xu, Zhangxi Lin, and William Foster, “Agile Methodology in CMM Framework: An Approach to Success for Software Companies in China,” GITM 2003, Calgary, Canada, June 8-10, 2003. 13.
6. Zhangxi Lin, and Shunian Lu, "The General Conceive and Implementation of External-loan Project Management Information System", in Information Systems Engineering, No. 1, 1991, pp10-16
7. Ruiyao Zhang, Shunian Lu, Zhangxi Lin, Zuguang Weng, and Xi Cai, A Practical Handbook for the Balance of International Payments, Fujian Science and Technology Publisher, 1991
7. Miscellaneous research topics (since 2001)
1. Kai Li, Jianyuan Yan, and Zhangxi Lin, “A Knowledge-based System for Supply Chain Process Modeling, Reuse, and Redesign,” International Journal of Electronic Business, accepted 2012.
2. Flores, R., Inan, F., & Lin, Z. “How do the Different Types of Computer Use Affect Math Achievement?” Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching, accepted 2012.
3. Jianzhi Li, Hongchao Zhang, and Zhangxi Lin, “Asymmetric Negotiation Based Collaborative Product Design for Component Reuse in Disparate Products,” Journal of Computers & Industrial Engineering 57 (2009) 80–90.
4. Z Karma Sherif, Radha Appan, and Zhangxi Lin, “A Resource Based Model for Systematic Software Reuse: A Contingency Approach,” International Journal of Information Management 26 (2006), 70-80.
5. Zhangxi Lin, Gary Anderson and TJ Anderson, "Enabling Real Estate Businesses on the Web: From E-Business Model to The Application Services," IEEE IT Professional, Jan/Feb, 2004, 44-49.
1. Chin-Yen A. Liu, Zhangxi Lin, James R. Burns, “A Dynamic Model-Based Study of the Impact of Electronic Data Interchange on the Operations System,” CSWIM 2009, Guangzhou, China.
2. Chin-Yen A. Liu, Zhangxi Lin, James R. Burns, and Yonggang Lu, “Energy Risk Management: Lessons from Southwest and China Eastern Airlines,” FIRM 2009, Chengdu, Sichuan
3. Zhangxi Lin, Jun Xia, and Bo Xing, “Deregulation and Foreign M&A in China’s Telecoms Industry”, The Proceedings of ISAP 2005, Dec 11, 2005, Las Vegas.
4. Michael Gibson, Zhangxi Lin, and James Burns, “E-commerce Deployment - A Transaction Cost Viewpoint," Information System Management, V20, N3, Summer 2003, 8-21. (An earlier version was published in the Proceedings of IRMA 2002)
5. Zhangxi Lin, S. Ramanathan, and Balakrishna Kandula, "Agent-Based Simulation of C2C Internet Auctions with Online Escrow," 7th International Conference of the Society for Computational Economics, Yale University, June 28-29, 2001.
8. Open Source Software (2003-2006)
Mingzhi Li, Zhangxi Lin, and Mu Xia, “Leveraging the Open Source Software Movement for Development of China’s Software Industry,” forthcoming Information Technology and Industry development, 2005.
1. Tongsen Wang, Lei Wu, and Zhangxi Lin, “The Rising Mozilla in the Web Browser War against Internet Explorer,” Business Forum China, accepted 2006.
2. Bo Xu, Yan Xu, and Zhangxi Lin, “Control in Open Source Software Development,” The Proceedings of AMCIS, August 11-15, 2005, Omaha, Nebraska.
3. Tongsen Wang, Lei Wu, and Zhangxi Lin, “The Revival of Mozilla in the Browser War against Internet Explorer,” The Proceedings of ICEC2005, August 12-14, 2005. Xi’an.
9. Distance Learning and Its
John Gordon, Chongrong Li, Zhangxi Lin, and Dehua Yang, “Developing A Modern Infrastructure for Open Distance Education in China – The Implementation of NCEC project,” Communications of AIS, v14, 2004, 92-127.
1. John Gordon, and Zhangxi Lin, “The Learning Industry,” in Caroline Howard, Judith Boettcher, Lorraine Justice, and K. D. Schenk (ed), Encyclopedia of Online Learning and Technology, 2005, in press.
2. John Gordon Chongrong Li, Zhangxi Lin, and Dehua Yang, "Network-Training Collaboration in Europe and China (NCEC) - A Retrospective," eLearnChina Conference 2003, Edinburgh, UK, 21-23 July, 2003.
3. Wayne Huang, H.Q. Wang, Zhangxi Lin, and J.H. Huang “How to Compete in Global Education Market Effectively? - A Conceptual Framework for Designing a Next Generation eEducation System,” forthcoming in Journal of Global Information Management, 12(2), April-June 2004, 85-107. (An earlier version was published in the Proceedings of 31st Annual Meeting of Western Decision Sciences Institute (WDSI), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, April 2-6, 2002, pp.422-424. )
4. Zhangxi Lin, Chongrong Li, Dehua Yang, and John Gordon, "An Introduction to Network-Training Collaboration in Europe and China (NCEC)," The First Sina-America Workshop on E-Commerce (SAWEC'01) , Xi'an, May 28-30, 2001.
5. Dehua Yang, Hongying Li, and Zhangxi Lin, "The Applications of LOM and XML in Web-Based Distance Learning," The Proceedings of International Workshop on Distance Learning and Virtual Campus , November 14-15, 2000, Beijing, China.
6. Zhangxi Lin, Dehua Yang, Chongrong Li, Malcolm Crowe, John Gordon, and Matti Hämäläinen, "Network-Training Collaboration in Europe and China (NCEC) - Issues and Promises ", The Proceedings of AMCIS'00, August 10-13, 2000, Long Beach
7. John Gordon, Matti Hämäläinen, Zhangxi Lin, Chongrong Li, Yong-En Chen and Xinyue Liu, NCEC - Network-Training Collaboration in Europe and China: Developing the Infrastructure", The Proceedings of ENABLE99, Espoo, Finland, June 2 - 5, 1999.
8. John Gordon, Matti Hamalainen, Zhangxi Lin, Hugh Paton and Yong-En Chen, "Adapting European production and delivery systems for network based continuing education in China," EUROCHINATEL Conference, Beijing, April 2-4, 1997
9. Zhangxi Lin, "Internet-based Application Research - An Introduction to CODE and IBAR Projects", The Second National Academic Conference for Chinese Youth, July 1995, Beijing.
10. Knowledge discovery on the database and automatic publication (1989-2000)
This research project explores the idea how to discover knowledge from databases using the knowledge-based approach. This early data mining effort has coincidently applied the similar model and structure to implement knowledge discovery system. The latest focus of this project was on the web based publication with the understanding of the data in the database.
1. Zhangxi Lin, Matti Hamalainen, and Andrew B. Whinston, "Knowledge-Based Approach for Automating Web Publishing from Databases," in Cornelius T. Leonades (eds), Expert Systems , l4:33, Academic Press, 2001.
2. Zhangxi Lin, Matti Hamalainen, and Andrew B. Whinston, "Knowledge-based HTML Document Generation for Automating Web Publishing", Expert Systems with Applications, 1996, V10, N3/4, 381-391.
1. Zhangxi Lin, Matti Hämäläinen, and Andrew B. Whinston, "Intelligent HTML Document Generation for Routine Publication Based on the Internet", PACES'95, May 1995.
2. Zhangxi Lin et al, "Automated Verbal Report Generation Based on Economic Databases -- Cases and Technological Issues", a full paper in AIEM3, Portland, August, 1993.
3. Daxin Wang, Zhangxi Lin, Tongsen Wang and Yuqing Huang, "Application of Meta-knowledge to Analyzing and Reasoning System on Macroeconomic Data", in Shangxu Hu et al (eds), Information and Systems, Vol. 2, pp840-843, 1991.
4. Zhangxi Lin, "RASF--Automating Routine Analysis of Financial Data", in L. F. Pau et al (eds), in Expert Systems in Economics, Banking & Management, North-Holland, 1989, pp69-75.
5. Zhangxi Lin et al, "The Knowledge Structure of Verbal Reports and Its Representation", in E. Balagurusamy (ed), The Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Government, Nov. 23-25, 1989, Hyderabad, India, pp600-611.