How to Choose a Group Project
(3349 Spring 2000)
Category 1: Company interview
- Internet service providers/Internet content providers, such as doors.com,
windmill.com, southwestern bell, Cox Communications, etc.
- Non-profitable organization network applications: Tech campus network, BA
LAN, medical center network, city government network, etc.
- Business network applications: banks, insurance
companies, real estate companies, car dealers, Wal-Mart, Best-Buy, Circuit
City, CompUsa, etc.
- Company's business
- Information technology applications
- Network management
- Current IT challenges and needs
- E-commerce status and strategies
- Comments on data communication technology
At proposal stage, the group needs to provide the interviewee's name,
contact, and business, as well as questionnaire.
Category 2: Data communication technology research
(Differentiated from previous topics)
Deliveries: (See previous requirements)
Category 3: Network application prototyping
- CGI scripting
- Java scripting
- Cold Fusion scripting
- ASP scripting
- Socket programming
Any other network programming techniques
- Web-based mall
- Stock trading system
- Course management
- Internet stock trading
- On-line loan system
- Web-based auction system
- Any other network client/server applications
Note: In addition to written materials, a demonstrable
system must be available.